Tuesday 1 October 2013

Bargain Beauties

Maybelline 24 hr Colour Tattoo

After yesterday's ode to the opulence that is By Terry, I thought today I would share with you a little cheaper choice.

Maybelline's Colour Tattoos are pots of cream/gel goodness.




The colours really do pack a punch and are pretty fool proof to apply. The thick and creamy consistency is long wearing and doesn't crease. 

I wear my personal favourite, On and On Bronze, on a daily basis, to add a little polish to my otherwise just rolled out of bed look.

Simply buff into the lid with your finger. The Lazy Girl's guide to makeup.

I recently also picked up Pomegranate Punk and Timeless Black.

Now, I'm not normally one to go for a black smokey eye, I prefer me some bronzey, brown hues. I use Timeless Black as a base for my powder shadows, and boy does it amp up the volume, helping add a vibrancy to other colours. However, if you are a fan of a dark, dramatic smokey eye this could be right up your street! It is worth noting that this colour does apply a little patchy, which was fine for me as I tend to use it as a base, but if not it can take a little time to build up the colour and I would suggest using a brush not your pinkies for this one. 

Pomegranate Punk is a metallic plum/crimson colour that looks amazing underneath a few of the shades in the Urban Decay Naked Palettes, YDK, Toasted and Hustle I'm looking at you. I am tres excited (how sad am I) to get more use of this come Autumn/Winter. If you have green or blue eyes you need this in your life! 



Whilst they are the creme de creme of highstreet cream eyeshadows they are not quite as sophisticated (or special) as By Terry's offerings. 

Whilst the three I own sure have surpassed my expectations with flying colours I'm not going to lie some of the other colours look quite scary and I've heard the ease of application and level of pigmentation depends on the shade. 

Still, a perfect purse-friendly purchase to perk up those peepers. Oh alliteration how I love thee.

£4.99 Available from Boots and Superdrug 

No comments:

Post a Comment