Wednesday 7 November 2012

Rant or Rave?

Malin and Goetz Detox Face Mask Review




£29.00 from Space NK

What They Say: Detox Face Mask is a five minute foaming gel mask. Its combination of oxygenating cleansing agents lift dirt, oil and makeup up, deeply cleansing the pores without irritation, drying or using harsh detergents, whilst creating a physical barrier to seal hydration. Containing amino acids and natural almond extract the mask effectively cleanses, purifies and soothes whilst Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Soy Protein help firm the skin, helping prevent ageing.

For deep cleansing and hydration, a thick layer of gel applied for 5 minutes in place of cleanser, one to two times per week. Oilier skin may use a thin layer daily for night-time deep cleansing and oil control. Remove with warm wash cloth and water upon oxygenation.

What I Say: First off I LOVE the smell of this product. It reminds me of marzipan and I could literally spend all day just sniffing my bottle. I probably need to get out more. 

You get quite a lot of product for your money, 118ml to be precise. I've had mine for about 3 months now and the bottle still feels full. You only need one pump to cover your entire face.

I love love love applying this mask. It comes out as white, thick, gloopy gloop. My old English Teacher would be turning in his grave at my excellent descriptive skills right now. But gloopy really is the most apt word! You apply a thick layer to your face, if you are using it as a mask but more on that later, and wait for the oxygenation. Oxygenation basically means the mask foams up and turns all lovely and bubbly. You can hear and feel in puffing up, I find the tingling sensation really enjoyable, I like to feel products working on my skin. Once the product has oxygenated your face will look as frothy as a Cappuccino, do I get a point for my sneaky little simile there? 

When your skin looks a face full of cotton candy, I'm on a roll, you can either wash or tissue the mask off. A really nice thing about this mask is that it doesn't leave a tight feeling afterwards. It doesn't work its magic and then hop foot it out the door. It leaves your skin feeling soft, supple, and hydrated. All Malin and Goetz products work really well for sensitive skin types. Now I don't have particularly sensitive skin at all but with all those other harsh acne ass kicking acids I use it is nice to have something more gentle to use, and this mask really does feel like a hug for your face. 

This does leave your skin super super super clean. And you can use a thin layer of it every night as a face wash if you wish. I like this multi-fuctional aspect of the mask, once you've wash it off your good to go, you don't have to cleanse again. It only takes five minutes to work its magic. So you can apply it in the morning or evening, and by the time you've brushed your teeth and faffed around in the bathroom like we all love to do it's ready to be washed off!

Now this mask is no match for the big guns. Those angry red lumps and bumps are quite indifferent to it, at least mine are. My spots are a bit like nice try mate but we aint budging. Whilst I have loved how this mask felt on my skin for the past couple months I haven't been raving about it. It made my skin feel soft and clean  but it didn't seem to be doing anything to shout and scream about.

HOWEVER I have had quite a few blackheads on my cheeks the past week or so. I may have huge pores but they are normally quite clear pores. Alas for some reason this all went tits up. I popped this one twice a week and the blackheads were completely gone. I kept inspecting my face in one of those, they make you want to kill yourself because they are so up close, magnifying mirrors because I just didn't believe they had gone so quickly. But they had. The crater sized pores are still there but these craters are blissfully empty. 

It won't clear acne, dry or shrink your spots. BUT IT WILL CLEAR YOUR PORES. I have tried sooooo many masks that claim to do this and all of them have failed horribly. But not this little sweet treat. If your skin's congestion makes commuters during rush hour think they don't really have it that bad give this mask a go and you won't be disappointed!

Malin and Goetz's whole range is unisex and perfect for all skin types.



Have you tried this mask before, what do you think? What are your favourite masks?

No comments:

Post a Comment