Monday 7 January 2013

How to...

Pump up the Volume

So I thought I would add a few new categories to my blog this year, one of them being a series of 'how to's. 

#1. How to create voluminous hair



My hair may have grown unprecedentedly in 2012, but its pancake flat appearance has not changed. If it won't do it by itself I have found two miracle products that will do it for me.

Enter L'Oreal Elnett Volumizing Heat Styling Spray and Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.

What they say: L'Oreal Heat Styling Spray
Specially adapted to your volumizing blow-dry routine with heated appliances. Advanced triple action formula, protects your hair from heat, leaving it shiny and soft like satin, with a voluptuous bouncy finish that lasts for 3 days.

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
Create sexy, tousled texture and go big on volume, with this revolutionary invisible spray. Working like a dry shampoo, its patented polymers absorb oil at the roots, while  plant extracts hydrated and protect. You're left with full-on glamour hair that always looks 'just styled' even if it isn't.

What I say: Rarely do I find products that shock me in a good way. But boy oh boy did this dynamic duo.

I spray the L'Oreal through my hair, focusing on my roots. I then flip my hair upside down and blowdry, when I flip my hair back up I could be in a L'Oreal advert- move over Cheryl Cole. I never used to blow dry my hair alot, preferring to allow it to dry naturally, but now that I have to look more than semi presentable for work, and wet hair in this weather is a no go, I am embracing the tools. The spray gives your hair unrivaled volume, and the fact that it is protecting my hair from the heat as well is an added bonus. The finish is big, frizz free, big, oh and lets not forget big!

Now for those days when I need a little more ooomph I bring in my Oribe into the mix. Now I will admit the price is extortionate and I wince at the thought of having to repurchase but repurchase I shall, who needs food when you have good hair! This can be used as a dry shampoo, but I for one think it is waaaay too expensive to be used in that way, and there are a plethora of lower price options that do the job just fine. I lift up my hair in sections and spray. Then I sit and play. I  scrunch my hair and lift, adding texture and volume. I could sit in front of the mirror for hours and watch my hair grow and grow and grow.

The effect does die down after a while, but if you start scrunching and lifting again the volume will return. I am a known hair player, so with this stuff in my hair it can grow to incredible heights!


Before and After (Excuse the mug shot)
The second photo is with a quick spritz of L'Oreal and one spray of Oribe

L'oreal Elnett Volumizing Heat Styling Spray retails for £5.99 from boots, it also comes in Straight and Curls formula.    

Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray is £38 for 300ml, or £18 for 75ml, obviously the big sizer is much better value for money, but I can quite tempted to purchase the smaller one for my handbag.

Seriously cannot recommend this dynamic duo enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment