Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Non-NK Negotiables

Origins Out of Trouble Mask



I’m not sure how many of you know this but I currently work part time at Space NK. This is very dangerous for my bank balance, working there is quite literally like being a kid in a sweet shop. Give a kid a very generous discount and they are going to use it. Whilst my teeth may not be rotting the same cannot be said for my Natwest statement and my bathroom cabinet is well past morbidly obese.

Before starting at Space it was my favourite destination for beauty. A real treasure trove. It is rare for me to buy anything beauty related from anywhere else (the discount helps sway this but the quality of the products speak for themselves, and the 40 something looking faces of our 60 something customers). So you know when I make a non-NK purchase it is a good one.


I have a bit of a weakness for face masks. And this little number is the best of the bunch.

Jam packed with Zinc Oxide, Sulfur and Camphor (you can definitely smell the camphor) this mask is a god send for troublesome skin. According to Origins you should use it to ‘steer skin clear of slippery situations, refine rough texture and pull the plug on troublemakers to oust potential outbursts.’ And Origins I have to say I agree.

The mask is a very thick white creamy paste, which dries on the skin. This one  might just be me, but I tend to face mask (yep I just made it a verb) in the bath. However, the hot steamy (Aromatherapy Associated filled- if you must know) water combined with most masks tends to irritate my face- not this one though. It tingles slightly when applied but nothing uncomfortable.

The mask doesn’t tighten on the skin like a clay mask- which may be why it doesn’t itch me in the bath. After 10 minutes I wash it off using a muslin cloth and whatever pickle my skin has been in seems to be fixed. Any redness is diminished, any angry spots seem placated, my skin feels baby soft, super clean and super glow-y. I don’t have particularly dull skin so I never really notice the effects of any glow-givers, except this one. I can really see the difference. Used regularly it helps control excess oil and is generally a perfect prescription for pretty skin.


For £22, sorry Space NK but this is a non-negotiable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment