Saturday 27 October 2012

High Street Haul Part 2

Continued....

I didn't want to do an uber long post so I thought it best to divide my purchases into two.

Note: These newbies have not featured in my Wants Folder so by my rules I should not have bought them! But everyone can make exceptions once in a while right?

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo £4.99

They Say: Dare to wear NEW Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel eyeshadow. With up to 24HR staying power. Popping colour that glides on. Get inked!

I Say: The Formula is very thick and creamy. It is very easy to apply and blend. I'm not sure about the 24hr claim, but NOONE should be wearing their makeup for that long anyway! I just showered and mine didn't budge of my eyes, so they are waterproof and like to stick around! The colours are very pigmented but not too intense, they can be easily built up to achieve the look you desire. They can be used alone, as an eye shadow base, or as an eyeliner, a great multi-functional product!

Immortal Charcoal:






I'm not one for the smokey eye, I prefer more bronzey shades, my Naked palettes are a godsend! But sometimes it is nice to go for a more dark and dangerous look. The thing that has always put me off a traditional smokey eye is the difficult factor, you can easily go wrong, so very wrong, with the look. This little pot really takes the fear factor down a notch. 

I have really small eye lids, so I found it hard to apply this colour with my fingers. I used a normal eye shadow brush to swipe it on my eyes. The colour works really well on its own, add some eyeliner, a few lashings of mascara and bam night time glam! The other thing these pots work well as is primers. Used underneath powder shadows they can add to the intensity and help the colour stick around longer.

On and On Bronze:




As this colour is not so deep I could use my fingers to apply, it was easy to blend out my heavy handedness without any tell tale darkness. I really wanted this to use in the daytime. It is so easy to just swipe over your eyes, looking like you much MORE more effort into looking groomed than you actually did. It is a really beautiful bronze colour, that again works well on it's own, or could, and will be used under my beloved Naked Palette.

These eyeshadows really are fool proof to apply, stick around all day, and are incredibly cheap and cheerful! I would consider them dupes for Benefit, Mac, and Chanel cream eyeshadows in terms of quality.

A tattoo you will not regret indulging in!

Maybelline Colorsensational Lip Liner £3.99

They Say: New from Maybelline Color Sensational, budge-proof and long lasting lip liners. Mirror like colour with our reflective shine formula. Creamy feel, enriched with honey nectar.

 I Say: Now I have always thought of lip liners a relic of the 90s that should stay firmly put there. They just remind me of my Nan. You know the overly lined lip look I'm talking about. See here



But when used correctly lip liners are great products. They can be worn to add shape and definiton to your lips, to stop your lipstick from feathering and bleeding, to keep the colour around longer, or worn on their own. I got the colour Velvet Beige. It is a really pretty dark pink, light plum colour that is just slightly darker than the natural colour of my lips. The pencil was really soft and easy to apply, it didn't feel like I was drawing on myself with a lead pencil! I added some lip balm on the top for a shiny finish, but the colour can be worn alone for a matte look. 



I'm not sure how long the pencil will last, I have a feeling it will need to be sharpened quite a lot. But the colour is gorgeous it was a pleasure to apply, and most importantly it was dirt cheap!

There are 7 colours in total and I'm have been convinced enough to get them all! Sorry bank balance!

Have you used any other Maybelline products, what are your favourites?


No comments:

Post a Comment