Monday 22 October 2012

Rant or Rave?

Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free Review




£28.00 from Selfridges


Tinted Moisturizer are typically the remit of the summer months, when it's too hot to bother will a full face of foundation light weight tinted moisturizers really come into their own. However I love mine year round.

I got this last year with the intention of using it skiing. Whilst the early starts and sweaty sessions didn't entice me to apply much makeup the social side of lunch did warrant some effort in the face department. 

They Say: Created for women with oily skin who want light moisture, sheer coverage and sun protection in one, Bobbi's new gel-based formula is the perfect alternative to foundation. Light and refreshing, it glides on smoothly, blends easily and provides a hint of coverage for soft, even and natural-looking skin. Vitamins C and E protect skin from free radical damage, while SPF 15 helps prevent sun damage.




I Say: The added SPF is a bonus. Not gonna lie the word SPF doesn't get me all hot under the collar.  I'm the person who slathers up on oil to hurry my tan along and only applies suncream on holiday, if it's a million degree, once first thing in the morning, only if I remember. However I know how important SPF is, so the inclusion of it, and the free radical fighting vitamins, do make me feel better about myself. The makeup equivalent of eating my greens. 
I like the coverage. It is very sheer, it is not going to cover any of those spots invading your face, but nor does it claim to. I agree it provides a soft, even, natural looking effect. I've been using this a lot lately. With my skin playing up I don't want to subject it to heavy duty coverage. It's like a circle of doom. Your skin's bad so you apply more makeup to hide bad skin, layers and layers of makeup don't agree with angry skin, said skin just gets worse! This moisturizer really wakes the skin up. It evens out the skin tone by making your face all one colour. And the colour is very flattering. I still have to do spot cover ups with my concealer, but the overall feel of my makeup is much lighter and fresher, like I'm not wearing anything at all. Naked from the head up.

However. It does not glide on smoothly. At all. I find this one of the hardest products to blend. Doing it with my fingers is almost impossible, it just tries to quickly. I apply with my Real Techniques Stippling Brush, and do my face one section at a time. This works okayyy, but it is not a pleasant application by any stretch of the imagination.

The product is oil free, so your skin is not left shiny. I like the finish, you look like you had a good nights sleep, not like you spent all night watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians, ooops. It doesn't feel tight on my skin or drying, but I still always apply real moisturizer first. Tinted Moisturizers just don't contain enough hydration, even for me and I don't have particularly dry skin.

A good staple for those lazy days when you don't want to try that hard. I just wish they'd change the formula.


Just wearing the tinted moisturizer

What's your favourite tinted moisturizer? Has anyone tried Laura Mericer or Chantecaille? 

No comments:

Post a Comment