Wednesday 10 October 2012

Trials and Tribulations....

Hi Again!


Jean Kerr: I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want—an adorable pancreas?

I have struggled with my skin for as long as I can remember. I have had a few intermittent blemish free months where I jump around singing, dancing and praising the lord that my prayers have been answered. But No. Those spots always come crawling back.

Right now my skin is the worst it has been in years. I have breakouts across my chin, neck, and that weird area under my nose and above my lip (does anyone know what that's called?!) I have four whiteheads at the moment, I seriously don't think one of them beautys have adorned my face since my mid teens. 

I have tried just about everything on my skin, from the cheaper to the horrendously expensive  , but I seem to have commitment issues and don't stick with one skin care regime for long. So it's got to the point where I have NO IDEA what my skin likes and dislikes. All I know is that right now it is disliking me a hell of alot.

Experts claim it takes six weeks for new products to truly make their mark. So I thought I would trial three revered beauty holy grails and test the claims of sales assistants and bloggers alike. I've decided to stick to three, forgoing any extra treatments, serums or masks, so it will be easier to tell which products are doing all the leg work.

So for the next six weeks I will religiously use my Clarisonic, Eve Lom cleanser and Alpha H Liquid Gold in an attempt to clear my angry, angry, oh so angry, skin . These three products have some of the best reviews in the beauty industry, I would go as far to say they are the Louboutins of the skincare. 




I will share my uphill battle with you over this blog, updating pictures of my skin every week for six weeks so you to can see if these products really have the bang for your buck. 

So here it goes, picture one......




 I feel like I am sharing a naked picture of myself on the internet.
But if it helps at least one person make a more informed skin care decision then it's worth it!

Note: I have, as you can probably see, the world's oiliest skin, pores the size of craters, and a rush hour worthy congestion of black heads of my chin and nose.

I'll upload my next picture this time next week and fingers crossed there will be a miraculous difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment