Friday 2 November 2012

Rant or Rave?

Easy, Breezy, Beautiful?

GHD Air Hairdryer Review


They Say: Its 2,100W motor makes it much more powerful than a normal hairdryer, while the body itself is shaped to give you a faster blow-dry. The ghd air ™ doesn’t just dry your hair, it uses advanced ionic technology to lock in moisture for softer, shinier results that last for longer, with far less frizzing. Variable power and temperature controls, plus the choice of two nozzles, allow you to tailor your blow-dry to your hair type, while a cool shot button helps you set your style in place with a blast of cold air. The ghd air™ is also a breeze to use thanks to an ergonomic design that makes it comfortable to hold for both left and right-handed users, and a 3m long power cable that gives total flexibility as you dry. 

It’s not just hot air, it’s a breath of fresh air.

I Say: I don't blow dry my hair that often. I personally believe it's neigh impossible to have healthy long hair. And as I want locks as long as Rapunzel I generally steer clear of any heated tools that are going to hinder my road to riches. I also actually prefer the way my hair dries naturally. 

I wouldn't say this hairdresser dried my hair any quicker than any other I've used.  Saying that my mum swears it dries her hair 10x quicker, and as she blow dries her hair like there's no tomorrow maybe, just maybe, her opinion is more valued here! However, what it lacks in speed it makes for in other areas! 

Its ability to control frizz is UNBERRRRLIEVABLE! I don't have majorly frizzy hair by any means (one of the FEW graces God has given me), but I have a lot of fly aways. At time my hair has been known to look like someone just rubbed my head with a balloon. Hello static. 

I dried my hair form wet with this little wonder and the finish was amazing. My hair was soft, straight, and there was no frizz in sight! It really did look professionally done, even if I do say so myself! I have also used the hairdryer on dry hair. I had washed my hair in the morning and let it dry naturally, by the time I had got home from work it did look a bit like a frizz bomb. So I whipped out my ghd Air, blasted and brushed, and voila no more frizz! The Air kept my hair frizz free all day, and was a breeze at fixing any existing frizz I had accumulated. It not only eliminates any frizz It does make hair look shinier. I have quite matte looking hair. It is not naturally glossy *sigh* and I get major hair envy whenever a L'Oreal advert comes on. BUT using this did make a noticeable difference to my hair, Cheryl Cole watch out!

It was easy to use, but I don't really find any hairdryer difficult to use, it's not really brain science to operate a hairdryer! I like the different temperature controls, this enables me to use a lower heat setting, hopefully doing minimal damage to my hair!

I really enjoyed using this product, and the results in terms of frizz and shininess are like nothing I've ever seen before. BUT. £99 is a hefty price tag. If you blow dry your hair more than Kate Middleton and suffer frizz a la Monica in THAT friends episode (and have very deep pockets) definitely give this a go. It is an amazing hairdryer but I'm not fully convinced the price point is justifiable, but then I am no huge lover of hairdryers, and would happily fork out over £100 on skincare.





What do you think? Have you tried this product before? How much would you be willing to pay to tame your tresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment