Sunday 21 October 2012

Rant or Rave?

Dermalogica Active Moist 
100ml £31.65
50ml £22.10
From Pure-Beauty.co.uk

I have very oily skin was under the misguided impression for many years that I did not need a moisturizer. However your skin's oil is not the same as hydration. You don't drink oil, right? Dehydration is a lack of water, not oil, in skin. 
It's one of those counter intuitive things, if you dry your skin out too much it just makes even more oil to replace it.  And all those spot fighting lotions and potions we slather on our skin definitely dries it out. 

On to the product.







I have been using Dermalogica on and off since I was fourteen, it was my first introduction to high end skin care. I have had many a facial with Dermalogica and really like the brand, most of the products I've encountered really do what they say on the tin. 

They Say: This oil-free, lightweight moisturizer in a sheer, easy-to-apply formula helps hydrate combination skin. Contains Silk Amino Acids and a unique combination of plant extracts that help improve skin texture and combat surface dehydration. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors.

I Say: Although it is formulated without artificial fragrances there is a slight smell to the product. Saying that it is a smell I quite like, very fresh and mild and reminds me of facials and spas. 

It is a very light weight formula  which blends into the skin effortlessly leaving a matte finish. I like applying this moisturizer, it feels cooling on the skin and works well at waking me up in the morning. I also use this to mix with my Sensual Skin Enhancer.

A little goes a long way, I have had my 50ml tube for about a year now and still have about half left. It claims to combat excess oil but I can't honestly say my skin is any less oily when I am wearing this to when I am not. 

This is a great lightweight moisturizer for oily/combination teenage or young adult skin. It hydrates the skin without feeling too heavy or greasy, and doesn't cause any breakouts. However I would still recommend using an oil control lotion as well.

Next up Dermalogica's Clearing Mattifier

What's your favourite moisturizer? Have you used any Dermalogica before?

No comments:

Post a Comment